For long have we complained about the blatant plagiarism in Hindi Film music by music director’s such as Anu Malik, Bappi Lahiri and Jatin Lalit.
I think there are worse heartbreakers – Shankar Jaikishen, R.D. Burman, S.D. Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Laxmikant Pyarelal and so on. They never got tagged as “lifters” but lifted some of the biggest hits in the Indian film industry.
I knew about quite a few of these copies, but ItwoFS (I2FS – Inspirations in Indian Film Songs) is a good website that has enlisted quite a few of these.
My heartbreakers include (most links and information copied from ItwoFS):
- R.D. Burman (one of my most favored music directors)
- Laxmikant Pyarelal
- Om shanti Om (Karz) – Real heartbreaker – Shanti om
- Anand Milind
- Akele Hain (Qayamay Se Qayamat Tak) – Crying shame – Return to the alamo
- S.D. Burman
- Hum The Woh Thi (Chalti ka Naam Gaadi) – Listen to The Watermelon song if you want to be speechless!
- Shankar Jaikishen – My favorite music directors 😦
- Kaun hai jo sapnon mein aaya (Jhook gaya aasmaan) – Blatant – Marguerita
- Salil Chowdhury
- Dil Tadap tadap ke (Madhumati) – one of my real favorite songs – Listen to Szla dzieweczka do gajeczka
ItwoFs lists many more!
Blogged with Flock